(Information from Salt Spring Island Chamber of Commerce)
Population: 10,500 (rising dramatically in the summer months)
Size: 185 Square Kilometers (74 square miles), making it the largest of the gulf islands.
Weather: annual sunshine 2,004 hours; annual Rainfall 84 cm (34”)
Shoreline: 135 Km (83 miles).
Where is Salt Spring? located between Vancouver Island (including Victoria) and the lower mainland of British Columbia.
Commercial centres: Ganges, approximately mid-island is the main commercial centre of Salt Spring. A thriving community also exists in Fulford Harbour at the south end of the island, and another smaller commercial area can be found in Vesuvius at the north end.
DISTANCE FROM GANGES
* Central 4 km (2.5 miles)
* Fernwood 9 km (5.5 miles)
* Fulford 14.5 km (9 miles)
* Long Harbour 6 km (3.5 miles)
* Mt Maxwell Park 11 km (7 miles)
* Ruckle Park 23.5 km (14.5 miles)
* Beddis Beach 6 km (3.6 miles)
* Vesuvius Bay 7.5 km (4.5 miles)